I guess it's an ok trip. I've been to Shanghai before but that's years ago on a packaged tour with my mum who had difficulty walking then and my brother. It is definitely different to go on a free and easy tour. The city is definitely developing fast, I don't remember all those tall buildings except for the Oriental Pearl Tower.
The bummer of the whole trip is probably this: We spent a wasted half day stuck on the highway on the way to Suzhou and everything was cut into half the time because the tour guide die die wants us to visit the silk factory. I swear I will never join these one day tours ever again. Anyway they closed the highway because there was fog and they do not allow any vehicle to pass at all and worse still it's a one way road with no turning anywhere.
The only regret I have on this trip is not able to go to the 'water towns' as my friend had totally no interest. Sighs that's the problem when the Friend is a shopaholic and not really interested in sceneries. Travelling with friends is never an easy thing as getting along with each other for a few days is really an art, sometimes we just have to give and take a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment