Sometimes I wonder what's life. When you think you've got the worst of it all, someone else with a even sadder story came by. This must be the most tragic story I've heard so far, sounds like a drama but it happened in real life.
A friend whom I have not kept in contact for a while messaged me on msn the other day. I think, last I spoke to him was at least more than a year back. Turned out that last July, he got into an accident and nearly lost his right leg but the doctor managed to saved it. However the road to healing has been really slow. On top of that. before the accident, his girlfriend of 3 years broke up with him for another guy and 2 weeks after the break up, he was retrenched from his job and just before he start on his new job, he got into this accident. It really broke my heart knowing all these happened and I wasn't aware. He was a very active person, I cannot imagine how terrible it is for him to be not able to move and rely on crutches. And when he told me there are bad days he was depressed because the healing of his bones is taking too long, I was helpless. I wonder what else can I say to make him feel better. It's definitely not easy for him.
He was one of the few people I kept in touch from my wild IRC-ing days long ago. My memories of him were the tons of Doraemon comic books he gave me. But I think the accident changed him, from our conversation, he no longer exudes that carefree nature. He used to play a lot of football but I don't think that will be possible for him for a long time now. I feel sad and want to pay him a visit but knowing him, he probably won't want me to see him in such a state, plus we have not met in ages. Anyway I'm afraid I'll start crying if I see him in this state now. Some people are destined to take the long road, I just hope that he makes it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment