11 September 2001. What were you doing on this day 10 years ago?
I was a temp staff working in Standard Chartered Bank with their credit control department. I had just graduated two months ago but jobs were not coming so I had to temp first.
The day started as per normal. It was a while later, slightly before lunch when someone said the twin towers in US had been hit. The Internet was not as popular back then and news travelled slower. I was only able to watch that devastation later that day at home from CNN.
Anyway that was ten years ago. Watching the documentaries now on tv for their 10th anniversary memorial, it really hit how many lives were lost on that fateful day when the terrorists decided to carry out their inhumane act.
One of the documentaries is about the last message that the victims left or called their loved ones moments before they perished. It got me thinking if one day I have that kind of opportunity at all to leave a last message. So in case I don't, I just want to say I love my family, my brother, my husband and my close friends. I hope that in my short lifetime, no matter how nasty I had been, at that moment, when I'm about to go, you guys are always on my mind. It has been my pleasure this lifetime to have known the people I know and lived the life I did.
I was a temp staff working in Standard Chartered Bank with their credit control department. I had just graduated two months ago but jobs were not coming so I had to temp first.
The day started as per normal. It was a while later, slightly before lunch when someone said the twin towers in US had been hit. The Internet was not as popular back then and news travelled slower. I was only able to watch that devastation later that day at home from CNN.
Anyway that was ten years ago. Watching the documentaries now on tv for their 10th anniversary memorial, it really hit how many lives were lost on that fateful day when the terrorists decided to carry out their inhumane act.
One of the documentaries is about the last message that the victims left or called their loved ones moments before they perished. It got me thinking if one day I have that kind of opportunity at all to leave a last message. So in case I don't, I just want to say I love my family, my brother, my husband and my close friends. I hope that in my short lifetime, no matter how nasty I had been, at that moment, when I'm about to go, you guys are always on my mind. It has been my pleasure this lifetime to have known the people I know and lived the life I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment