Tale 1
A few weeks ago, I saw an ex-student post a congratulatory statement on Facebook to another fellow student. Not the first time I have ex-students getting married but till this point in time, it has been mostly girls. Now this time, it's a guy marrying at 24. It really hit me that I'm definitely getting old.
Tale 2
Over the weekend, I went to help out at a friend's wedding. Waking up at 5am and on my feet for the whole day till 11pm IS NO JOKE. I came home with aching arms and legs and like an old lady, needed to rub ointment into my aching parts. On top of that, I needed to sleep the whole of next day to recover from the fatigue and my legs are still aching. Luckily this is a long weekend, if not, I would definitely have to call in sick to the office. Fine, it may be my lack of physical fitness but age is definitely catching up. At 32, weddings shouldn't have gate crashing anymore. It's something you would do in your twenties but come thirties, it's just childish. It should be come get the bride and leave, wait for the night to have dinner and the day's over. Simple. No more complicated programs please, I'm just way too old for that physical strain.
No comments:
Post a Comment