Saturday, January 13, 2007

Brainless teenagers

Mood: gross out....

Gross, I just caught a couple making out at the stairs beside my flat! It just goes to prove my belief that teenagers nowadays are totally brainless. In the first place, you would NOT stop on the 14th floor to make out! And the moment me and my grandma started coming up the stairs, the Malay boy ran upstairs, leaving the Chinese girl trying to button her pants and trying to cover herself. I hope the girl realised what a jerk that asshole is. If they were in school uniform, I would have immediately whipped out my phone to take a picture and send it to their schools. Actually I did contemplate doing that but then again who am I going to send the photos to? Anyone has any good ideas what to do in a situation like that? Can I call the police?? I would have loved to do that.What can I do to engage in my role as a civic conscious citizen? I'm sure we would not want such situations to end up in unwanted teenage pregnancies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take photos of the teenagers. If they were in uniform, bring it to the school to let them identify the culprits. The school will take over from there.

If they aren't in uniform, the best place to send it to is to STOMP! Once they put up online or print it out on the papers, I'm sure their friends will ensure that something will happen thereafter.

~ moo

Anonymous said...

In case you're wondering what is the URL for STOMP, here it is:
http://www.stomp.com.sg/

~ moo

moi said...

wow......great! thanks for the invaluable insight!

Anonymous said...

O.. if u've read the papers today, coincidentally, it touches on the same topic.

The legal advice is, you can take but as long as you don't distribute it (i.e. post it up to STOMP) but hand it over to the police, you won't be liable for any legal offence.

But well, I'm just skeptical. How often would you see our men in blue take on our reports seriously?

Anyway, I had another idea. You can store TNP hotline in your phone. They usually would carry out these sneaky investigations. If the offenders carry out their tryst in the same love nest again, I'm sure TNP won't miss the chance to capture it in print.

~ still mooing away

moi said...

oh goodness...so there's nowhere for civic-minded people like us to complain?? But I also read from a old copy of a women's magazine that if caught in public, the police can charge them for indecent exposure. Under Section 20 of Miscellaneous Offences (Public Order and Nuisance) Act. Chapter 184, the offender can be charged for displaying indecent behaviour which carries a maximum fine of $1000 or imprisonment of 1 month.

And who says that reading women's magazines is trash! hehehe