sentimental....So desperately wanting to catch Deathnote 2 and given the limited cinemas still showing it, we ended up watching it at the old cinema called Princess (or rather Overseas Princess as it is now known) at Bedok. Well this is not a recap of the movie but it sure is a good one, despite The Boyfriend claiming how different it is from the comic.
For as long as I have been staying in Bedok, the cinema has been around. I think all these years it has been renovated once. Today sitting in it again, I don't remember it being so clean but the seats are definitely not as comfortable as those in big cineplexes, in fact, quite uncomfortable. Maybe next time should bring a cushion along :P
The tickets are still cheap. On a Thursday night, while the rest of Singapore charges about $8+ or even $9+, here it still charges $6. Don't quite remember what movies I have caught there but a few of those which left a deep impression on me was I caught Totoro and Jurassic Park 2 with my brother at the cinema when we were younger. The cinema is one of the Bedok icons that's still around despite all the changes in this old neighborhood these years. The only sad thing is that the patrons are dwindling in face of all the competition from those bigger and better cineplexes. Like today, there's only 5 people in the whole cinema. How often do you get to count the number of people in a cinema these days? Despite the short-comings of the cinema, I still wish it will be around for a long time, if not the old Bedok that I remember will fade to just a memory, all the old icons disappearing.
2 comments:
how dare u label me as 'The Boyfriend'
*&%Q^%*&%@#!UG@%*
Cat Lover
What's wrong with that?? bleah :P
Post a Comment