Yes, I admit I am a very lazy blogger. I have all the time in the world now but yet the last thing that come across my mind is to blog. So what have I been doing all this time?
1) Giving tuition every Sat to a fat boy whose mum is scarily domineering and she still claimed that she's not. Poor boy has school till 5pm on some days during school days and his weekends are used for tuition. I know that at least on Sat, he's on for 2 sessions of tuition. One in the morning for mine and second one in the afternoon for some other subject.
2) Doing housework. Now I truly appreciate the meaning of being a housewife. One day can be washing clothes, folding clothes; another day ironing; another day vacuuming and washing the floors; another day cleaning the rest of the house that's dusty; another day trying to tidy up areas of the house that's messy and the whole cycle starts again. So there's really no end to housework. Think the most permanent job in the world is to be a housewife because you will never run out of chores.
3) Cooking. Was fervently cooking away in May but come June because my guinea pig is away most of the month, I stopped cooking and the kitchen felt unfamiliar. When I decide to cook again, I met with my first utter cooking failure for the first time in my kitchen - a failed souffle. Very disappointed, I wonder when I will have the courage to attempt the souffle again. Luckily cooking other stuff didn't turn out bad so I'm cooking once again in July.
4) Play games. Namely, Restaurant City on Facebook. My ex-colleague says that I am cooking in real life and virtual life as well. Haha.... when the going gets stressful, the stressed plays game! The only thing that can take my mind off for a while is to play games. I used to be an avid gamer on MapleStory but have stopped since I got married because partly, I didn't have the proper hardware to play games with. So now there's Facebook, playing online games are easier because I don't have to download anything, just login to FB will do. And then there's the iPhone which can get pretty addictive too with all those apps! Hmmm... speaking of Restaurant City, one of these days I shall attempt to recreate the dishes in RC in my own kitchen!
5) Watch tv. I've become a tv addict especially during the afternoons. I scroll between the chinese programs with its singing reality shows and Discovery travel and living. Occassionally I will switch to Asian Food Channel to see what they're cooking. But usually I will multi-task while I watch tv so I will be ironing away and watching tv.
6) Holiday. Went to Taiwan, the one that started the whole saga which ended in me resigning from my job so that I can go for a 1 week holiday. It was a good holiday but 1 week was really too short. Too many things to do and see but so little time! I must go back again!! I so enjoyed all the sightseeing, eating and company of my best friend.
7) Going out with friends. I try to go out as little as I can for the simple reason of saving money because every going out is associated with spending money and I would want to try to avoid that as far as possible as I have little or no income for the time being. But no man is an island and I need to be in touch with civilization and good company from time to time so going out became an unavoidable thing.
8) Shuttling between mum's place, granny's place and mother-in-law's place for free meals. Pretty self-explanatory statement. But it's a bit of a hassle as I have to pretend that I'm working so I have to dress up in work wear, put on make-up etc just to go for a meal. So some weeks I don't cover all 3 places.
9) Looking for a job. I figure that I eventually still need a stable income that can bring in the cash for my cpf to pay for the house loan so there's no chance of me going freelance until I'm debt-free. However, my attempt at looking for a job has only been lukewarm. Till this point in time, I've probably only sent out 1 resume which I got a call from the job agency last weekend saying that they will submit it to the employer. Well, shall see how it turned out. In the meantime, got to be more active.
So that's the story of my non-working life. There's actually a lot to do when one's not working. If only money falls down from the sky then I can continue leading this kind of life!
2 comments:
Love the part of you putting make up and working clothes to visit the 3 places..muwahaha....we go sing ktv tm, cheap cheappppp
ah meow
hahaha ya man.... i had to go to that extent, i wonder how long i have to keep up with that though.
anyway i love our ktv session, even Pee said she had fun too! and rem to pls master the piece on 你是我的花朵, we shall do it again when u r back! wahahahahahahaha
Post a Comment