Monday, July 05, 2010

We were once young

After the boh liao day where we spent the afternoon looking at ex-students' photos, every time I login to FB I will start looking for more of these ex-students and silently stalk their FB page. Thankfully I changed my FB privacy settings, it's scary what you can find.

Last week's ultimate shock was: Short and lame boy from my second form class became the boyfriend of the sweetest and hardworking girl in class and they only got together recently! So now I know who's the one the girl has been holding a torch for but still... what an unusual choice!

Some other recent snippets: The boy from my first form class that gave me a photoframe has a girlfriend, the girl from Miss L's class that was actually a sweet girl gone bad but gone good again from her latest updates and blog but still don't like studying I see,the butch looking basketball girl looked more butch, the chor lor girl who plays both netball and basketball straightened her frilly hair, fat boy who used to be called up for skipping fitness club now looked sooooo thin.....

Some have girlfriends or boyfriends now, reading their love stories reminds me of the time when love was simple: You love me, I love you. No worrying about what colour of flowers for the wedding, balloting for house, having kids etc.

And how makeup can change the girls! The short scrawny boys has grown up. The fat ones have all slimmed down. The once slim ones have turned fat! All look so different now, I bet I can't recognize them if we pass each other down the road. Sometimes I do get the occassional student calling me on the streets and I don't remember who they are but it's scarier when I think about those who never call me and then secretly telling their friend, "Neh, that day I saw that Ms T that was teaching POA, wah she look so old and fat now!"

Those years in school was a trying time and age for them and those trying to teach them but the bottomline is these whom I checked up on all turned out fine in the end :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we must make sure when they check us out, they won't be shocked....

ah meow

moi said...

wahahaha.... which is why we shd privatize everything from strangers! and make sure we put those photos where they can't tell for sure it's us.