Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tales of the Mad Man 2

Turns out that the mad man have no decency to tell his team that he is going to be short of 2 persons in the team. A few of my team mates in other countries told me they were shocked by the news that the Malaysia counterpart's last day is today after they saw her farewell note at 4pm. And I think they will be even more shocked when they are suddenly handed our work to help cover for the time being, not as if they are not already fully occupied in their own area. So it seems like in order to keep the rest sane, I have to announce my leaving to them soon, since the mad man is not going to do it.

Disappointed yet again by his action as he has no decency to inform the team and also never thank the person for a job well done during her stint with us. At the very least, while we were in the job, we gave our best and did our job, there are times we may have missed the mark but at least have the courtesy to thank them for their hard work. I know of some people who do slipshod jobs or were never available and never do their work but this team is not like that. For a person who is so used to paying lip service, he just can't do it for the person one last time?

I saw this on an ex-colleague's msn msg:
"Competent Leader Can Get Efficient Service From Poor Troops, While Incompetent Leader Can Demoralise The Best Of Troops". I felt that it was so true. This could have been a strong team but the leader did not make that happen, all that he was capable of doing was to make them take on his tasks but not give them recognition - sure recipe to people leaving eventually.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your quote and felt it was so apt. You know, a 'great' leader shared with me most proudly recently, "You're too tense for your own good. You need to be like me. Put the people in their position and let them do their work. It's OK not to know what they are doing."

That's some golden words from people in the strata not so far away from us.

~ the one that eats grass

moi said...

It's just so difficult to find a decent leader nowadays. What that 'great' leader said sounds like what my 'great' leader would have said too and I so do not agree to this kind of values.